in behalf of chris Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] cvs problems...

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 12:15:16 EDT

Hi, though I am not chris but I feel responsible to reply to Aaron's
request cos I added the files with wrong permission.

when I add a new directory into CVS, somehow the permission of the
files are not set correct so some of us do not have write permission on
the files I checked in. So everytime I must change their permission to 777
manually. Sometimes I forgot, my bad, sorry. but if such thing happens,
this is what one can do:

go to /home/blast/cvsroot/... where the permission is denied, this time it
is
/home/blast/cvsroot/exp/t20/edel/

check the owner and permission of figs:
  4 drwxrwx--- 3 zhangchi blast 4096 Jul 29 12:08 figs/
I own the directory but not everyone has write permission. if you are
one of "everyone", checkout/update fails.

What you can do is contact me. and I will change the permission. if I
died, contact someone who can change the permission.

all files and directories are changed to mode 777 i.e. rwx for all.
better, I removed figs from repository since there s not point to have it
there. to check this, cd into /home/blast/cvsroot/exp/t20/edel/figs
the only file/directory there is Attic which contains all the removed
files.

Sorry for the trouble again.

Chi