[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift plan

From: Douglas Hasell (hasell@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 15:45:58 EDT

All shifts are ON.

Plan is to continue beam tuning this evening. Goals for tuning are:

        - to steer the beam through the target cell so that there is still
freedom to steer it vertically and horizontally, and
        - to position septum to minimize noise in the beam halo monitors but
still permit injection

This tuning may be completed this evening or require to continue
overnight but in any case shift people are required to turn on the BQM's
and detector if required.

NEG's are being regenerated as the atomic fraction measured this morning
(45%) is down because of poor vacuum.

After the vacuum improves, Genya will come in to measure atomic fraction
again. If the atomic fraction is high and after the beam tune is
complete we will take data with single state hydrogen as before. If the
atomic fraction is low and the beam tune is complete we will warm up the
nozzle and deposit a coat of ice on the target cell. In this case the
overnight shift may go home.

If the beam tune is not complete tuning may continue overnight and
tomorrow during the day to establish clean beam conditions with which we
can take data.

--
                                                       Cheers,
                                                               Douglas