Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] Corrected Asy results for Cerekov Cuts

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 15:45:22 EDT

Wang,
You are right. I just checked and my assumption that over such a long
period (12hours) the total charge in each helicity state will be the
same. However, I have to say that it's not the case. Still I'm
suprized that it make such a big difference. My result is right=0.12
and left=0.11 (down from 0.18 and 0.15). I have to say that the reason
I added cerenkov in the cut is to get rid of this painful left/right
asymmetry, which I think still does the job. However, the "inhancement"
in the asymmetry came as extra, erroneously, as it seems now. This means
that the result for 0 degrees agrees with result for 180 degrees (13
both sides). So there was no deteriation in the target cell over a
period of two weeks. Whether the af effects the asymmetry or not is
still not clear. The plot that you showed for that is not helpfull
since you can not look at the asymmetry for one run (or fill) due to
very low statistics. You need to add statistics over a day and compare
af for that day.

                                                    Cheers, Vitaliy