"[BLAST_TOF]" LADS cabeling

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 19:21:49 EDT

Hi,

the cabeling of the LADS detectors is now (almost) complete in the
Dtunnel. Only a few ribbon cables from the "DCP" outputs of the logic
modules need to be connected to the Tdc modules (I could not completely
finish because I was thrown off the Dtunnel).

Karen had already connected the delayed outputs of the splitter panels
with the Adc modules.
The scaler modules were connected with the "CP" output of Miro's logic
modules. I used the five rightmost scaler modules of the VME crate in rack
3, channels 1-16 for the left sector and 17-32 for the right sector. The
order of Miro's modules as well as the scaler modules should be
(from left to right) Ohio wall (yet empty) - first analog splitter panel -
second splitter panel - third splitter panel - fourth splitter panel
(counting the splitter panels from top to bottom).

I have attached a mapping of the LADS channels with the channels to Miro's
logic modules. The 16pole connector pins carry the same numbering to the
Tdc and scaler modules.

The name convention now is
L[thickness 15|20]_[sector L|R][channel 1...14][top/bottom T|B],
e.g. L20_R12T or L15_L08B and so on.

I have also attached an illustrative map of Miro's logic module. The "DCP"
output (for the Tdc's) can be delayed in steps of 32ns from 10 to 512ns
using the switches on the board (need to take it out to access the
switch).

The wired-OR of the top/bottom coincidences (for the trigger
supervisor) can be delayed in steps of 2ns from 10ns to 512ns using the
switches on the board (need to take it out to access the switch).

When Adam is done with the HV control, studies of LADS signal processing
can start.

There are three flasher fibers connected to L15_L07,08, and 09. Since all
cables are of the same length, this should already provide the timing for
all channels within a few ns.

For any questions during my absence for the rest of this week I might be
reachable on the Nextel (1-978-580-4190) or send an email.

Good luck and best regards,

  Michael

 --

| Office: | Home: |