[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 09/28/2003 C (8-12)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 12:37:03 EDT

Operators: franklin shino ----

We were down from about 7:00-11:00 due to the failure of the EQ3 power
supply. It was replaced and we started taking empty target data again.
We took 1 run to verify conditions, then examined the effect of moving the
septum around while the beam was stored. More detail in e-log and paper log
but the bottom line is that the collimator seems to protect the BQM's very
well even septum starts to interfere with beam and degrade lifetime and increase
TOF and neutron rates.

Plan for the afternoon is to take one or two more runs, then switch to hydrogen.