Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 10/02/2003 A (0-4)

From: Frederick Tong-Uk Lee (tong@physics.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 10:16:54 EDT

>The slits were optimized for each setting.
>While the +1mm horizontal setting 1 was very quiet at >20min lifetime,
>the latter -1mm setting 2 provided only 5min lifetime. The slit positions and BQM rates were

Hi,

If the drift chamber start to charge up due to high background from
beam-wall events (S/N ratio gets
closer to 1 in the first chamber), you must turn the wire chamber off
for 1/2 to 1 hour.
I observed space charge effect last night. Jason an I had to turn off
the wire chamber for an hour.
That made the S/N ratio much better and stopped tripping.

-T