Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] 3track event

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 11:23:34 EST

Hi Chi-

        This sounds interesting, I am looking for these 2 tracks of the
same charge in one sector (but from a D2 run). I attached two plots of
the same event from run 2801 which is D2. This event only shows one track
on each side but there are two adjacent tofs firing so this could be the
indication that there was something else there that just was not
reconstraucted? What's more, is if you compare the top and front view you
see that the two adjacent tofs were hit in very different places in phi.
The front view also shows that the two tracks that were reconstructed
are not exactly coplanar indicating that this could indeed be a three
body event. Of course the vertex is different for the the opposite sector
tracks so maybe this is garbage. But maybe not?

                                                Pete

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant
email: karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu