[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 11/26/2003 F (20-24)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 00:40:04 EST

Operators: seely yxiao ----

until 8 pm continued on NC's, flasher runs (see logbook)

We start taking beam. CCR tuning takes 1+ hrs, with final BQM norm rates
of T=180, L=70, B= 77, R=45. Note: comunicating slit positions has little value.
We want to minimize bqm rates !
Left slit position found at +3 mm from -25, not typical (motor steps ??)

AFter that realize no dcct. D-tunnel. Chase cables. The dcct has been disconnected at the rsb side of patch!!! Nothing I can do about it. So no charge
measurament (including dead time).

Try to take empty target runs anyways, with 2nd level trigger. Trigger may be
fine but running very hard because of wch trips.
On right, channels 5 of slots 3 and 7 (box R30), on left, channels 1,5 of slot 0 (sense wires). Disabling right channels works. It does not work on left...

Also, beam background is very unstable. Beam rates come in splashes,
with many wires tripping. Not going to be a good night for the chambers either.
Maybe this is due to so and so vacuum. No beam data tonight.

Yuan stays, he will work on ion pol neutron detectors, including hall
access and if possible field off data.