[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 12/04/2003 E (16-20)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 20:24:38 EST

Operators: adrian ---- ----

Got beam at around 5.30 pm after a day of problems (mtg, source, vault access).
Beam background good. Slit-19 had some effect on normalized singles, little
on bqms.
Tested 2nd level trigger for trig types 1,2 only but no luck. Actually had more
urgent problems with HV. Broken pipe at BOOT was fixed by resetting all HV
crates. Then problems with alarm handler (again works only *from* dblast09, was sure it worked from 07) and then with physrun that forced infinite ca_server
forced reads. First 2 runs actually not valid because injection always allowed (override on hv gui).

Finally started taking asym data at 8 pm. Wch seem very quiet. Running with
a +100 volts LADS HV set. Some channels have tripped frequently but it is
worthwhile to run with LADS on. Adrian will adjust db. If lads are really
a probelm try disable hv channels (is lost at reboot). Can also peruse lads data now. Will try fix onlineGui before I leave.

Plan: I_max < 40 mA, monitor rates/ABS/beam-flip/compton. If compton has
large false asym may be worthwhile to rescan.

USE ELOG !!