[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 12/13/2003 C (8-12)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 12:45:48 EST

Operators: vziskin ---- vziskin

Taking useless data. At 9:15 went to higher current 110 mA. The tune looked pretty bad. At around 11:00 I noticed that the cell temperature went up by 3 Kelvin. The start of the rise corresponded to the start of 110 mA injection. Clearly there is a problem. I went back to 80 mA injection current and cell temperature is no stable at 79 K. It remains to be seen whether we had cooked the cell permanently. The data taken over night with 80 mA injection shows dilution of 0.24 which corresponds to 34 % +/- 7% target polarization. I'm attaching the plot. Actualy, I'm not problem with locus knocked the whole f**ing system. I'm not even sure if I will fire this message. Wait the stupid system just came back here is the plot (canvas2.gif). Also I include an overall asymmetry plot for the 45 degrees spinangle target, for those who think that what we do here is important(second plot).

Also, I re-established new MEDM window after the system failiure. it seems that one of the screens on dblast12 is not working so all controls are on two screens on dblast10 (on the right racing you). I cycled MFT and set it for 2-3 ligit is 6.5e-8. Keep an eye on the cell temp.