Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] electronics map archive messed up?

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 19:36:41 EST

Hi, Tancredi!
Thanks for replying so quickly...

> I think the problem is the map copy in the archive. Somehow ~11 has gotten
> back the empty spaces (instead of tabs) in it that prevent correct reading
> of parts of the map (See "[BLAST_ANAWARE] e- map problems and archive,
> Dec 1 2003"). I don't see another explanation right now

Since the only place these maps are stored is in the archive (and we
only have pointers to them from the database), could those
wrong maps be fixed (do we know exactly which files are bad and need to be
fixed)?

We will have to crunch data again with version 3 reconstruction. Datafiles
need to be crunched with their respective maps and if those maps are
wrong... and we will probably need to crunch a few times in the future,
even if people are optimistic about getting things right the first time...

Thanks again!