Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] charge-3697.chg question

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 16:43:25 EST

Hi, Chi!
Thanks again for your quick answer.

> I checked, the run does not have any physics events on helicity + state.

Great, this means my code does not give me bogus results... I get the same.

> so the second fill of the run was on + state but somehow beamgate never
> opened for that run and not physics events were collected on + hel.
> so we both get 0 for beamgated charge on + hel. I guess you use some
> physics rates to supress scaler charge integration too while I only
> suppress beamgated charge integration

Well, then we are left with the questions:
- how come the charge-3697.chg has beamgated charge in helicity (+) state?
- how many of the charge-*.chg files (essential for our normalization)
have problems like this?

It is obviously very easy to make mistakes...
I think it would be useful to double check results like this.
I am planning on writing charge to my mini-DST - I understand you will
also write it to your common purpose DST. I do not know what the plan is
for writing these .chg files anymore (Tancredi?)...
We could probably check results like this and have more confidence (just
using a wrong map can screw us up pretty bad, right?)...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look into this.