Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] k factor in WC calibration

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 13:12:20 EST

hi doug,
  that is why i insist that the proper way to determine the k-factors is
by actually doing a linear fit of at least an entire superlayer at a
time. that way you are actually matching the cells up against each
other (using intercellular tracks) as opposed to just using looking at a
single raw tdc spectrum from one wire and trying to infer the boundaries.
  of couse, one must also take into account that the t2d relationship
gives different velocities depending on the track angle, into the
analysis. it would be real nice if we had some cosmic data to
facilitate this process.
--chris