[BLAST_SHIFTS] problems with mass HV tripping???

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 10:03:01 EST

i think that, last week during one of my shifts, i was the first person to
experience the mass HV tripping. during a later shift (with Jason), we
once again experienced it. it turned out that, both times, the mass HV
tripping occurred right after we rebooted the ioc (via ./BOOT). the
problem during those shifts was that after a reboot, the slits were going
out but the GUI (on dblast13) said that they were still in. we had CCR
verify this (ask Jason; he was there).

if HV problems still exist, it may have something to do with the slits
going out after an ioc reboot. i asked adam about this, and he said that
the slits should be independent of rebooting the ioc. perhaps this isn't
the case. or perhaps the slit problems during my shifts were just
flukes...

aaron