[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 02/26/2004 C (8-12)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 12:40:21 EST

Operators: franklin zhangchi akdogan

Beam came back a little before 8:00. Took 3 runs of polarized deuterium (5072-5074), then spent some time setting up spin flipper. We were able to find a set of parameters which allowed it to work with high efficiency. At present, we are taking polarized D2 data again, filling to 100 mA, spin flipping at 70 mA, and dumping beam at 50 mA. The discrepancy between P+ and P- which has been present in the Compton results for the past several days is apparently all false asymmetry. Spin flipper will run in automated mode tonight to document this
more thoroughly.