Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] charge and spin flipper

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 02:37:32 EST

Don't mean to spam you guys but there is a serious problem with the way
we are doing spin flip.
After the flip the flip bit goes to red in epics, zero in scalers but
doesn't seem to stay there for the duration of the rest of the fill. I
don't believe that we are doing two flips, thus I think that it should
stay in "flip odd" position untill the beam is done..... And I know
what makes it change---> when target flips it resets this bit. It is
reminence of the time when this bit was Nitrogen. I will change it
now. Starting with run 5099. The previous data with flipper is still
salvagable if we cut on current above 70 mA (before flip).

                                  Cheers, Vitaliy