[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 02/28/2004 A (0-4)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 03:58:27 EST

Operators: tavi vziskin vziskin

Shift was complicated by repeated HV trips. At some point decided to "rest" the detector for half an hour and it helped. Right now there are very few trips. Not sure how long it will last though.

At 3:00 ran into ET problem. The following message was displayed int he ER_start window:

Error writing events... Cancel ET read loop!
daLogMsg: Error writing events... Cancel ET read loop!

As it turned out. $DATADIR directory was full. There is no entry on how to deal with this problem in the manual under "Common Problems and Solutions", maybe it's not common enough. I wasn't sure what I can do with the files and wherther I can erase them or not. But I read in the manual that these files are copied to spuds every 5 minutes. I checked and they are indeed there. So, to clean up space I deleted file from /scratch/dblast07/blast/data/data/ files 4501-4519 and as it turned out 5090-5096. Now it's only 97% full. It seems to me that this clean up should be done by people who know not by people on shift and before this happens, but it's just me.

Also, I change BlastDataAlarm so that properly indicates the amount of data from each trigger. Here is the sample:

trigger 1 : 2388 trigger 2 : 7649 trigger 3 : 1139 trigger 4 : 30 trigger 5 : 0 trigger 6 : 11 trigger 7 : 4140

And the winner is.... trigger 2 (e,e'n) followed by trigger 7 and then the bronze medal goes to trigger 1. All other ones are left in the dust. I can include this into onlineGui if people are interested in this kind of information.