[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 02/28/2004 E (16-20)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 20:19:30 EST

Operators: tavi clasie ----

We took two good runs at the start of the shift with polarized deuterium, and on the third run 5153 there was a bad fill. The BQM's on this fill were in the 1000 range which tripped the detectors and some of this may have been included inside the beamgate. This run has been labeled as junk.

>From the previous shift, the Compton did not automatically update the run number. Taylan came in to find that the CODA configuration file was physl2t. Runs 5150-5153 were taken with this configuration. This was changed to l2trig and the Compton worked fine. Taylan then stayed in the counting bay to help with the problems below.

The HV crate R1 stopped responding. The crate was power cycled and then ./BOOT from the counting bay.

After the suggestion by Jim, and following instructions from Doug, a hall access was made to check that the target chamber covers were removed and the subframe was closed. It was noticed the the right subframe was closed, which is what Jim suggested we look at, however the left subframe was approx 3.6mm from closed. Before attempting to close the frame, we used calipers to measure the distance of movement (so that a correction could be made in the analysis if this is required) and began to check that the frame was safe to move. It was noticed that the top of the wc was touching the coils (elog 20279).

The hall was closed without moving the subframe and we began taking data again. Doug arrived later to have a look at the wc.

The WC's were turned off for approx 2 hours during the access and we tried to change the voltages. L14 had to be lowered to 3750V, L15 to 3800V and we could increase R24 to 3850V.