Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] tensor polarization results

From: Genya (evgeni@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 13:45:21 EST

Genya wrote:

> vitaliy ziskin wrote:
>
>> Richard,
>> Which side gives 20%? This maybe a strange coincidence but the
>> tensor asymmetry for d(e,e'p)n also shows 20+/-12 % target
>> polarization in electron-left sector and 65 +/- 10% in electron-right
>> sector. To me this seems too strange of a coincidence, espacialy
>> considering that vector (e,e'p)n results are consistent in both
>> sectors. I, however, do not see how a target field can effect only
>> tensor asymmetry and not
>

> Actually, I see high polarization when electron goes to the right.
> Genya

     Soryy, I meesed this one up. In reality I see high polarization
with electron in LEFT sector, which confirms
Vitalij's observation.
      Rickardo repeated my calculations of the "theoretical" asymmetry
and confirmed my results. Now matters
really look somewhat troubling. Perhaps we should switch to a
longitudinal only field to evaluate the situation.
And perhaps we should do it ASAP, may be tomorrow.
     Genya