Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] tensor polarization results

From: Genya (evgeni@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 08:21:39 EST

   I just want to make several comments.
   First of all, my cuts seem rather clean. Other than reconstruction
efficiency (which I have no any
control of) none of my cuts rejects more than several % of elastics.
Moreover, I can estimate the
amount of inelastic events sneaking into my cuts, and it is about 10%.
Therefore, I can hardly imagine
that reconstruction could affect the measured asymmetries.
    Cross-sections is another matter. I do see that one of the sectors
has low-momentum events cut off
somewhat, but that could be attributed to different reasons. To begin
with, does reconstruction take
into account particles bending in the holding field?
    One extra note - I checked the asymmetry dependence on Z (vertex),
with a suspicion that holding
field varies wildly along the target. Nothing special - just asymmetry
in the center is a bit higher.
   I still believe that some time with different holding field
configuration is the best bet to identify the
problem promptly, and I do believe that it MUST be identified promptly.
Now I'm more inclined to
reverse transverse field rather than turn it off, because asymmetry is
much higher with 45 degrees
angle.
                    Genya