Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] tdc timing

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 19:23:48 EST

Hi, Vitaliy, Pete, and all timing-concerned folks!
I have been carefully looking into the TOF timing issues raised by
Vitaliy and I have good news.
For the last 500 runs or so, the TOF TDCs have been as stable as they can
be. I am attaching a sample of the left top TDCs (all others are similar)
as a function of run number, for the runs 5170 (taken in February) through
5659 (taken yesterday).

You can see the run dependence is as flat as Kansas :-) (except for the
two broken fiber optics)... As I said before, since the TOF window was
modified on February 20th, the timing is not as it used to be (see
Karen's elog message from February 24th), but everything was back to
normal from run 5170 on... probably that modification threw you guys off.

Anyway, Vitaliy - I hope this gives you peace of mind. :-)

Have fun!

Adrian