[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily organizational meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 15:22:43 EST

We ran with reversed transverse holding field overnight, and the tensor
asymmetry problem shifted sectors, as reported yesterday. This indicates
either a problem with the spin angle, or a change in the target thickness
correlated with the target state.

To disentangle this, the transverse h.f. was put back to its normal value
this morning, and the longitudinal field cut by 50%. This gives us a
nominal spin angle of about 65 degrees, where one sector asymmetry should
be close to 0. Genya has retuned the target transitions. The beam is
being retuned. Once that is done, we will run like this until at least
tomorrow morning. We need 2-3kC of data here; Genya will call in at 8am to
see if we have that. Overnight shift people should keep track of total
charge on disk. Any suggestions as to an easy way to get that from the
crunced data???

At that point, we expect to turn the transverse field OFF and run with pure
longitudinal field (full current) until Monday morning. There, the
asymmetry should be the same in the two sectors.

                                        Karen