[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 03/20/2004 D (12-16)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 16:00:05 EST

Operators: kdow franklin seely

Target holding field is now purely longitudinal (500A, 467G); transverse is DC off. Beam was retuned (with an interruption for a prospective graduate student tour). Genya checked target transitions. Bill adjusted the Compton laser/collimator. Once again, beam tune is not optimal for the Compton, but good enough for a few days.

Genya is trying to understand the tensor polarization data we have so far (3 target angles) in terms of actual target spin angle and polarization. At this angle, left and right sectors should measure the same asymmetry.

Runs 5723-5724 taken, being crunched. Run 5725 in progress. Expectation is to run like this until Monday morning.

Had a problem with mySQL database (log file filled /usr partition on blast02), so couldn't make elog entries, couldn't run DAQ processes that talk to database (automatic elog entries from CODA, starting visual_scal and EPICS logging). Fortunately the problem occurred during beam tuning, so no beam time lost. Ernie Bisson removed the offending file. Chris Crawford talked me through restarting the elogd cron process that posts elog messages to the web page.