[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 03/25/2004 D (12-16)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 15:01:49 EST

Operators: kdow tps hasell

This morning was quiet, lots of data taken. Increased all WC HV to 3850V. Had to set L14 sense back to 3800, as it was tripping.

This afternoon HV crate L2 developed some kind of problem talking to the network, power-cycling didn't help. Ernie Bisson moved the network connection and it seems to be better.

If L2 network problems persist, we can put in a spare network card without removing the HV mainframe from the rack. Chris Brown removed the front panel from the spare mainframe in the high bay area, and then it is easy to access the network card. The same thing can be done in the D Tunnel.

I'm not sure if you have to reset the IP address when the new card goes in, or if that info is stored on the mother board. Use the VT100 terminal in rack 5 to look at system parameters (type s), select Ethernet setup and look at the parameters BEFORE removing the old card. Then install the spare card, power up and check/set the parameters. IP address of that crate is 172.17.1.41, but I don't remember what the gateway and other addresses are.

Runs 5870-5890 taken this shift (5875,5884 junk). All crunched or crunching.