[BLASTTALK] Tuesday access to SH

From: Octavian F Filoti (ofiloti@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 16:33:43 EST

Hi guys,

I have understood from Baris that this coming Tuesday, the techs are
available to replace LCC1_T3 tube! If this is the case, I will be there on
Tuesday morning to look at the cables/connectors in SH to make sure it is
the tube and not a cable! I was thinking to replace this tube during
shutdown, since we might need to "fix" the cavity inside! It is the same
"symptom" the LCC0_T2 had! We have replaced that one twice, and finaly
sent the cylinder to machine-shop! But we still get noise from it, as you
can see it on Scalers for LCC0!
Thus, if you want to replace the tube, take into account that we might
need to send the tube cover to machine-shop!
I suggest to wait till shutdown, since more work might be needed. Since
the efficiency for that box is more than 85% we could wait one more month
or less till shutdown.

Octavian F Filoti
Nuclear Physics Group
Univ. of New Hampshire