Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 03/28/2004 D (12-16)

From: Karen Dow (kdow@rocko.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 19:30:08 EST

When you power-cycle the HV crates, they go through a startup sequence that takes a non-neglible time (15 seconds? 30?). I think if you try to ./BOOT during that time, the IOC won't be able to talk to the crate(s), and you'll still have trouble. So if you use the remote power-cycle, wait a bit (but less than a minute, I'm sure) before the ./BOOT.

Karen

From: Adam Jon DeGrush <degrush@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:07:14 -0500 (EST)