[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 15:21:57 EST

Running empty target now since 10a.m. Trigger rate to disk is about 80% of
what we had with the full target. # of events with + charge in 1 sector, -
in the other, is very small, though. z distribution flatter than with gas,
but still has a bit of triangular component in the target region. Need to
see how much actually reconstructs.

The plan is to switch to the buffer system around 8-9p.m., and run unpol D2
until morning. Match ligit pressure of about 6e-8; follow Aki's
directions. Let the chief know when you change targets, as it affects the
beam.

The beam will go off around 7a.m. in order to open the South Hall. Tuesday
we will fill the superconducting solenoids and warm up the nozzle. We do
not expect to change out the dissociator tube after all.

********* Contact Jim Kelsey if you need to work on the mezzanine or in the
pit, as otherwise the wire chamber covers will NOT be put on.
******************

While the hall is open:

1) Karen will investigate the XMLU overwriting problem, also install BATS
TDC (power cycle of CAMAC and FASTBUS for these items)

2) Michael will work on the neutron time walk measurements and the
phototube ringing

3) Tavi will check a tube on LCC1; signal is bad but isn't positive the
problem is the tube yet

4) Hopefully more steering can be added between the Compton and the
injection point to allow us to have a better beam tune that satisfies both
(controls). Expect to spend some time tuning the beam after we close up
tomorrow.

5) Check LIG103, maybe flaky readout since fluctuations not seen on other
nearby gauges

                                        Karen