[BLASTTALK] momentum fit as a function of momentum

From: Timothy P. Smith (Timothy.P.Smith@Dartmouth.EDU)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 11:50:07 EST

Hello People,

I was recently looking at momentum resolution via the macro
 wc_res.C.
I wanted to see if the reconstruction problems are a
function of some
parameter, which could be simply corrected for. I have
found a linear
corralation between (p_fit-p_ideal) vs. p_fit. With this
you can correct
the fit.

I am attaching two plots, the first for hydrogen, to second
for deterium.
I also attach the macro wc_res2.C .
They fit with almost identical parameters. The pannels are:

1) P_left vs. Theta_left (same as wc_res.C)
2) P_fit - P_ideal (same as wc_res.C)
3) P_corrected - P_ideal
4) P_fit - P_ideal vs P_fit
5) fit line to P_fit-P_ideal vs P_fit
6) (P_corrected - P_ideal)*100%/P_corrected

The correction is bigger then I think is right P_correct
= 0.5 + P_fit*0.34
but in a real sense this is a callibration of the system.

The Deturium data clearly has some more complications.

Tim

Timothy Paul Smith Assistant Research Professor
Dartmouth College, Physics (603)646-9346[phy] -0659[ISTS]
6127 Wilder, Hanover, NH 03755 timothy.p.smith@dartmouth.edu

recon_p_H.gif

recon_p_D.gif