[BLAST_ANAWARE] TDC offsets for neutron analysis and MySQL database

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 19:39:19 EDT

Hello!
As Michael showed us at the Collaboration Meeting, it is essential to have
a series of parameters on a run by run basis. This is especially important
for neutron analysis, as I understood from Mike and Vitaliy.

I set up the MySQL database, modifying a few tables and creating some more
for the LADs. The following is a description of the parameters and tables:

- we now have tables for CC, NC, LG (called XX_TDC_RUN and XX_ADC_RUN,
where XX stands for the detector, for example NC) identical to the ones
for SC which allow recording the offsets, meanTDC and widthTDC as well as
pedestals, meanADC and widthADC respectively;
The way we monitor the TOFs, we write meanTDC, widthTDC, meanADC and
widthADC for flasher signals; the offset (T0) and pedestal fields are
not used since we have been using the blast_sc.cal files, but people can
write whatever they feel necessary for their detectors to these fields;
- I created four tables for LADS: LAD_TDC, LAD_ADC, LAD_TDC_RUN,
LAD_ADC_RUN; the first two tables should be populated with the necessary
information (crates, slots, channels etc. - see SC_TDC and SC_ADC for an
example), the last two are identical to the ones described above for other
detectors (XX_TDC_RUN, XX_ADC_RUN).
- I set up the necessary permissions so the tables can be updated and
queried.

All these tables are inter-connected and care should be taken while
writing codes to query or update them.
For examples, please look in /home/blast/adrian/monitor/macros/

If we really want to take advantage of the current database setup,
codes should be written to dump the offsets to the database for every run.
They would be used afterwards at analysis time, with no room left for
confusion, like "are we using the right blast_sc.cal file?"...

Hope this helps in the long run.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant