[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 04/06/2004 D (12-16)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 15:10:01 EDT

Operators: kdow tong ----

Hall has been open all day for regular maintenance.

1) ABS dissociator has been reinstalled with a new clean tube.
2) I believe target cell was to be warmed up, ice pumped off.
3) Superconducting solenoids filled.
4) Michael did some work testing neutron time-walk problem.
5) Karen got the BATs TDC to work. BATs TDC in right crate, slot 13, channels 32-47 (tried 48-63, but that didn't work for some unknown reason).
6) Karen has made newphys_kd_BATS.settings. It downloads and all MLUs pass verify. PHYS4 counts BAT-TOF coincidences. This trigger also restores the multi-TOF with Cerenkov events that we have not included since 3/4/04 (see elogs). If there are multiple TOFs in a sector (where one is BATs), and at least one TOF in the other sector, it is still PHYS0. So, if we want to run with BATs coinc triggers, we can. Not sure what the prescale factors should be for hydrogen, we'll have to see.
7) Ben is making field measurements in the pit to see where to put the BATs (left/right from the centerline) and have the field low enough that the Cerenkovs will be efficient.
8) Jason has tried to fix a flaky intermittent signal from BATs Right Bottom 3.