Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] vertex for "good" d(e,e'p)n events

From: Richard Milner (milner@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 14:13:26 EDT

Vitaliy,
This is not quite right. The conductance of the tube and so the central
density is linear in the length. Ignoring the conductance of the inlet
tube, then the target thickness should scale as the square of the length.
Thus, the thickess would increase by (3/2)^2 = 2.25. If you take only +/-
20 cm instead of the full +/- 30 cm you lose only 0.25 so the increase
becomes 2.0. Now including the inlet conductance will probably reduce the
increase to about 1.75 - Hauke knows the correct numbers.
Richard