[BLAST_SHIFTS] Confirm shifts

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 08:35:13 EDT

There was an incident of scheduling confusion over the weekend in which
the person who was listed on the shift schedule did not show up
for a shift. Although we were able to overcome it in this case, this type
of situation imposes significant hardship on the other shift takers and
the run coordinator. Furthermore, it creates concern for the welfare of
the person who isn't there.

Given that the schedule changes on a daily basis, it is fairly easy to see
how someone could make a mistake. To reduce the likelihood of this
occurring, I suggest that the run coordinators e-mail out the shift
schedule before the beginning of their week (Wednesday). Anyone who is
listed on the schedule, should then notify the run coordinator
acknowledging their shift(s). While this may seem unnecessary, I note
that with 1-person shifts, any other occurences of someone not coming
could easily result in loss of hours worth of data. It will also
establish a deadline after which people must notify the run coordinator if
they have to withdraw from a shift (although it should be done
regardless).

I am requesting confirmation from the following people who are scheduled
for shifts through Wednesday day:

Monday 5/10

9-17 Tancredi
17-1 Baris

Tuesday 5/11

1-9 Manouch
9-17 Hauke
17-1 Nik

Wednesday 5/12

1-9 Tavi
9-17 Tancredi

Thanks,
Bill

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*