Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] changes to ANALDIR & DATADIR

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 12:23:26 EDT

Tancredi Botto wrote:

>Hello,
>I would like to propose to split $ANALDIR and $DATADIR
>
>currently they point to the same disk (net/data/4) which is not a good
>idea. At this rate by the end of the year we will surely need one full
>spud disk to store crunched data alone. Which means less and less raw
>data on DATADIR... it is a vicious cycle. So I propose the following
>

>_ Use /net/data/4 for crunched and montecarlo data only
>
> We should makes organize montecarlo(a) files per event generator such
> as /net/data/4/Analysis/blastmc/eep (ep, epi+..). In this way you do
> need to change $ANALDIR

you can use subdirectories of $ANALDIR in init.C (and friends). example:

root lr.C blastmc/eep/ 90-99
--or--
root init.C blastmc/eep/flr 90-99

hope this helps

>_ Use /net/data/5
>
> with /net/data/6 for the mirror copy. The mirror copy is kept until all
> tape backups are done. When /net/data/5 is full, data is moved and linked
> to the next data disk (currently we use 3)

i vote to keep the extra backup on raid until we run out of disk space

> In this way $DATADIR should now point to /net/data/5/Daq/data
>
>_ You are kindly urged to move *ALL* of your data from the spuds to the
> buds.

this won't work for a lot of stuff, since it needs to be nsf-mounted.
--chris