Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] ed elastic tensor update

From: Hauke Kolster (hauke@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 20:58:29 EDT

Tancredi,
A minor correction to a statement in your mail: Particle transport
in tubes is a diffusion process and the number of wall collisions
is therefore quadratic in the length of the tubes. Going from 20cm
to 30cm in cell tube length results in about a factor of 2 more wall
collisions (9/4 plus corrections) in the cell tubes.

Hauke