Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] monitor

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 15:47:56 EDT

I agree with this idea Michael, and thanks for your comments. Reading
from the database is the best idea since you are checking not only the
detectors but the db itself - which we rely on for calibration. It will
also be very fast. I can model the canvases after my current
timing_vs_run_db.C macro which uses four shapes/colors for
top/bot/left/right TOF pmts and plots a 4x4 canvas for 16 TOF flasher
peaks. I could have 3 or more such canvases per detector group for the
quantities you suggest (T0, MeanADC, Pedestal, ..). I will skip the
normailztion to start if that is OK (we can always modify things). The
only thing is, I have never written a GUI. But there is no time like the
present to learn! (and this will be somewhat interesting ot me) I will
not drag it out forever in the process though - I promise! I will take a
look at VZ's OnlineGUI (unless there is a simpler model out there that
someone can recommend?)

                                        Pete