Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] Weekly BLAST meeting

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 16:22:15 EDT

Hi Doug-

        I will be on shift Wed 0900-1700 so I will miss the Wed meeting.
For the TOF update I have the following:

1) As listed in my emails of May 23rd all of the deuterium runs in
RUNLIST-D2.2 and the empty target runs RUNLIST-empty have offsets in
the database. (As well as much of the 2004 H2 runs)

2) I have begun work on the detector/dB montior GUI by stealing the
onlineGUI from VZ and some mysql stuff from AS. Currently I have a GUI
which can take a range of runs at the command line and read the database
to get mean flasher tdc and plot this versus run number. The histograms
scale to automatically zoom in on the data. The ultimate goal for this
thing, I believe, is to work somewhat like th compton GUI, where, once a
run finishes (getting written to dB) it automatically plots the latest
point from the dB.

        TO achieve this functionality, we need calibration data to be
written to the database as each run finishes. Therefore the GUI must be
put aside until I can get the current calib macro in shape so that it can
be run with lrn via another script. Chris has suggested implementing this
with tcl but I believe he and TB must flush out any differences they have
on this. In the mean time, I need to take my two separate offset codes
(one which creates a data file for record and another which reads that
file and write to thje dB (Sebastian's method) and make them into one code
that is compiled.) When that is done I will get back on the GUI.

                                        Pete

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant
email: karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu