[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 05/27/2004 A (1-9)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 08:52:35 EDT

Operator: nikolas

Data taking on polarized D2 continued practically unhindered. Filling to 135mA.
target angle still at 32 degrees.
During htis time - the exact time being disputed - the beam developed an appetite for sudden drops. The phenomenon, as it manifests itself on the screens in the counting bay at least, was irregular. A minute or so into a new fill, the beam would suddenly plunge to around 75-80mA. The phenomenon was not necessarily repeated every fill. Applications of structuralist methodology did not provide any insight regarding the behavioral patterns characterizing the beam during this time. It is my understanding that the CCR is aware of the problem, albeit no solution for it as of yet. For the record, this has happened the last few nights I was on shift. Tonight it lasted longer than other nights.
Needless to say, the aforementioned phenomenon trips our HV.

runs taken are crunching.