[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 05/28/2004 B (9-17)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 17:03:17 EDT

Operator: ajmasch

for the beginning three hours or so of the shift, CCR was fixing a water leak of some sort. i don't know any more details on this. regardless, around noon, beam came back, and data was taken for an hour or so. then an access was gotten and the chambers' helium gas was changed. then data taking until the end of the shift.

note that last night's problem with the abs' power supplies went unnoticed mainly due to the fact that the abs alarm handler was not running. that program has since been started on dblast07 and is currently running.

good data runs are crunching: 7887-7892

i did a comparison of 40cm vs 60cm empty target missing momentum distributions (see the attached file; note that the "Q^2" on the axes should be "missing momentum" (a typo; sorry)). we have only about 1kC of empty 60cm target data. i normalized this data to about 10kC of 40cm empty target data taken since april 1st. though the 60cm statistics are particularly bad, it still seems that the 60cm cell is producing much more background than the 40cm (say, a factor of 5-10). as michael points out, i didn't re-crunch the data using each run's respective electronics.map file, and this is probably a source of some error in my plots.