RE: [BLAST_ANAWARE] /home/blast

From: Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator (BISSON@AESIR.MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 17:19:37 EDT

>... is full again. Here are the GB users:
>
>2588692 /home/blast/adrian
>3426252 /home/blast/ajmasch
>1105760 /home/blast/hasell
>1721316 /home/blast/karpiusp
>1045356 /home/blast/wangxu

I see also that /home/daq is quite full too, even though I was under the
impression that it's disk usage should not increase dramatically. On March
12th it was using about 6 gigabytes, while today it is using 8. I do have
some space available on the server to increase both of their capacities,
along with some other repartitioning I would like to do on the server. A
fair amount of downtime of the partitions will be necessary during that
time. My original plan, before /home/daq started to fill up, was to increase
the capacity on /home/blast by about 6 gigabytes, as well as /home/daq by
about 350 megabytes. This plan would require the minimal amount of file
movement.

Can /home/daq be cleaned up a bit so that a 350 megabyte increase would be
sufficient?

Obviously during a shutdown is the optimal time for any major file server
reconfiguration.

Ernie