Re: [BLASTTALK] [BLAST_ANAWARE] my Pzz

From: Genya (evgeni@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 08:40:57 EDT

Chi Zhang wrote:

>If Pzz if fitted by integrating all data into ONE bin, we will get a very
>large Pzz due to the weird behavior in the 3rd bin. I think this shows the
>limitation of the 1-bin method to determine Pzz.

  Chi, just want to remind you that the statistics related to the third
point is very smalll and hardly affects the total
asymmetry if everything is combined in one bin.
   In any case, you guys probably took my expression "too good to be
true" too literally. It COULD be true, but
it is always safer to be on the sceptical side...
   One possible explanation could be a superiour quality of the coating
of the new cell. We shall see.
     Genya