[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 08/06/2004 C (17-1)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 01:07:53 EDT

Operator: egeis

Shift was much more excitable than usual... R24 was non-stop sense wire or guard wire tripping... I would estimate 10% of potential data taking was lost. I tried to drop the voltage of the sense wire but the HV GUI would flip back to 3850 each time I pressed "Set".

When I got here, Genya mentioned that we were running Unpol H2. At ~21:00, we stopped for an access to look at ABS. Running resumed ~1 hour afterward.

Beam had problems ramping up... there were a few hiccups followed by smooth fills that only made it to about 100mA. No signs of a specific problem so CCR gradually ramped up the current to 135mA over the course of about 1.5 hours. Currently we are running from 70-135.

Runs have taken about 45 minutes each prior to beam current dropping.

Autocruncher is a little iffy... Every once in a while I come back to notice it hasn't updated itself in about an hour... I rerun and notice that runs have been allocated and continue crunching even though the refresh hasn't occurred. So overall, it is functional yet I'm not so sure how aware it is of the time elapsed between checking status of crunching.

Runs 9862-9864 9866-9871 taken... UNpol H2