[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 08/21/2004 B (9-17)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 16:23:08 EDT

Operator: kdow

ABS D2 running -- good runs 10247-10254 10256. All crunched or crunching.

Fuhua and Dave tried to improve the wire chamber scalers and the lifetime for about 3 hours. The only thing that helped the WC scalers was improving the injection (injection line steering and accelerator tuning). Fuhua will think some more about other things to do.

A few R24 trips. T5 is up to 56 C.

The autocruncher has hung a few times. Every once in a while a spud name gets written to runlist.txt, and so the autocruncher tries to start a run named spud7.bates.daq (say). I revert the buffer for runlist.txt, remove that line, and restart the autocruncher.

There are a few runs that die in lrn with seg faults; see elog entry. Noted as such in RUNLIST.D2-3 and pol.log

Pzz looks low, around 0.4 for the last 2 days -- a problem or just statistics? Vector dilution is around 0.58 for the same time period, though. Compton says beam polarization still high, 68% (averaged over several days).

All spectra look ok in onlineGui.

Chi is kind enough to send me home early.