Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] spin angle drifted

From: zwart (zwart@rocko.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 22:12:54 EDT

Chi,
        I am not sure if this makes a difference, but I think the state of the
accelerator changed quite a bit last night. Dave retuned the linac and
really improved the injection efficiency markedly (at least a factor 2).
We know large injection losses aren't good for various systems: WC, cell
wall etc. We (Dan and Brian) are preparing an EPICS injection efficiency
monitor i.e. a measure of the integrated charge through the injection
line/charge stored in the ring. It might be useful to try to correlate
this number with the target performance, wc trip rates etc......
        I was amazed at how quietly the chambers ran. I think I had only one
trip all last night!

                                        TZ