Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] new monte carlo formalism

From: Simon Sirca (simon.sirca@fmf.uni-lj.si)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 12:15:44 EDT

Hi all,

as an illustration, I attach two pages from my Jan 24, 2002 BLAST Coll
talk on DGen and related issues. Page 11 summarises Chi's efforts
on smoothing out fL & Co, and highlights Zilu's comment on woes of the
"quasi-free ridges and dips". Already at that time, we knew the Mott
needs to be taken out in order to have safe interpolations. Chi's cbrt
version of splining shown in the figures worked just fine, and I was
convinced until this very day that it has been cemented into DGen,
and forgot about it, but now the issue popped up again.

Chi, can you please update us on that.

Simon

--
  Simon Sirca
  Dept of Physics, University of Ljubljana   Tel: +386 1 4766-574