[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 09/03/2004 B (9-17)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 16:40:46 EDT

Operator: zwart

This shift has been efficient so far, but the alarms are ringing all the time. I am not sure if the tolerances are set too tightly. The alarms that are ringing are as follows:

1) Btransverse. Gebnya observed the transverse ,magnetic field reading correlates with the beam current. On injection the Btans value from, the hall probe is outside the alarm handler window.

2) The BRP vacuum is 1.6e-7 the set point is 1.3 e-7. We reset alarm reference per ET.

3) The wire chamber asymmetry alarm beeps on every fill. The detector is not in a valid state, HV is ramping, but WC alarm sounds. This is somewhat confusing. Also the behavior is different from three days ago. What changed? Spoke with Karen who said this is not a problem. Maybe we should readjust the condition for WC alarm to include something about DAQ enabled....
CC modified WC alarm such that does not alarm unless BDCCT>0.

Jan, Karen etc agree - I_min should be set to ~60% of I_max for most efficient use of beam. This is 85 mA for I_max of 140.

Bill F. signs off on increase of run size from 250K to 500K starting at run #10826.

Good runs 10812-10817,10819-10826

Junk 10818,10827

                                        TZ