[BLAST_SHIFTS] double crunch

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 21:19:48 EDT

auto cruncher starts to double/triple crunch runs after 10932. have to
kill the processes. reentered run-numbers into runlist.txt but
cruncherd.tcl sent same runs to multiple CPU's right away without removing
the run number from the list.

found cruncher.tcl is changed and one new line was added:
"exec root -l -b -q
        /home/daq/blast/pro2004/analysis/macros/Charge/charge.C $run_crunch"
before the line:
"exec lrn $run_crunch >&
        $CRUNCH_LOGDIR/${me}_[lrange $run_crunch 0 end].txt &"

I believe the added line is the one that breaks the cruncher and I have
replaced it with:
"exec root -l -b -q /home/daq/blast/pro2004/analysis/macros/Charge/charge.C
        $run_crunch >& /tmp/null &"

One has to throw this process to background so the cruncher program will
go on and reach the line to update runlist.txt, otherwise during the 10
munites or so before charge.C is finished, the runlist would not be
updated and double crunch happens when cruncher wakes up again.

also, since cruncher looks for "lrn" in ps output, failed to find the
string when charge.C is running resulted in three processes running on
spud2 at one time.

This becomes obvious noticing the "&" at the end of next line where lrn is
envoked.

I currently redirect charge.C output to /tmp/null. if it is not
redirected, the output will be pipe to the cruncher terminal rendering the
cruncher screen dump unreadible.

again, with this quick fix, cruncher should work at least for the night
till experts can carefully reexamine the code.