[BLAST_SHIFTS] BLAST daily meeting

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 15:24:09 EDT

Beam and target are both running well. Improvements to the RF cavity
feedback loop have increased the beam lifetime at the beginning of a fill.
We are generally seeing lifetime in excess of 20 minutes at 150 mA. We
should be able to continue writing nearly 300 Coulombs worth of data to
disk per hour. Also, Genya reported that the ABS flux was more than 10%
above previous record since the nozzle change on Wednesday. So we have
good running conditions heading into the weekend.

We will continue to run polarized deuterium until Monday. The maintenance
day is scheduled for Tuesday.

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*