Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] question about storing non-class values in a root file

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 19:10:53 EDT

- Hi, Aaron!
- For my simple mini-DST I declared the integrated charge as a struct:

struct intCharge{
   float plus_plus;
   float plus_minus;
   float minus_plus;
   float minus_minus;
   float plus_unpol;
   float minus_unpol;
};

- then I declared:

intCharge ic;

- and used it in a separate branch of the tree:

TBranch* charge = ep->Branch("charge", &ic,
"plus_plus/F:plus_minus:minus_plus:minus_minus:plus_unpol:minus_unpol");

- So I can write all charge (for different beam target states) at the same
time, in the same data structure (TTree) with all other information
(from tracking etc.).
Hope this helps.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile