[BLAST_ANAWARE] word of warning on using 'abs' in root programs

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:26:31 EDT

hopefully (probably), everyone else is smarter than me. but i just
realized that i had been using 'abs' functions in my root macros when
using floats. the 'abs' function, however, takes and returns an integer
output. thus, it was converting my arguments to integers, and, in the
cases where i used it with cuts, giving weird results.

the answer is to use 'fabs' with floats.

aaron