[BLAST_ANAWARE] dst question and general libBlast...

From: Eugene J. Geis (Eugene.Geis@asu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 11:03:22 EDT

When I declare a TBLDst dst object and have loaded libBlast.so, I'm plugged into
the entire TBLEvent class through dst.fEvent->blahblah() But simple information
like adcs and tdcs of linked scintillators and nc's are a bit cryptic. Tdc, Adc
are all pretty obvious but different from the functions in TBLDetRecon that fill
our lr,flr ntuples with the ttl, atl, etc... info. Those are the simple
GetSCtdc() and adc... but I don't find the obvious link in the dst to use this
TBLDetRecon function... fEvent, fMC, fEpics and fScaler are all declared in
TBLDst.h but an instance of fDet or fRaw info would give me this. I'm assuming
that in order to get to this I have to open the raw Coda file and call
gRecon->fRaw->GetSCtdc() but it seems there must be an easier less cpu-intensive
method. In TBLEvent fEvent, I have links to a plethora of scintillator
information but the info seems a bit overzealous. As listed in lr,flr, would
the adc in the ntuples be the average, average with pedestal subtracted, sum,
sum with pedestal subtracted, geometric average with pedestal subtracted, or
geometric average converted or what... GetSCEnergy, GetSCGEnergy,
GetSCAdc(0)/2+GetSCAdc(1)/2, ... and is there an easy way to find the units of
each instance, like Pathlength (cm?), Energy(GeV?), ToF(ns?), Mass(GeV/c^2?)...
I know these methods have to use the simple adc and tdc raw channels to
calculate this mess of info, so intuition tells me it must be available in the
dst. Please beat me if I'm wrong.

  Int_t GetSCPad(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetPad(); }
  Float_t GetSCPathLength(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetPathLength(); }
  Float_t GetSCX(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetX(); }
  Float_t GetSCPosition(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetPosition(); }
  Float_t GetSCToF(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetTimeOfFlight(); }
  Float_t GetSCEnergy(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetEnergy(); }
  Float_t GetSCGEnergy(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetGEnergy(); }
  Float_t GetMass(int n) const { return GetTof(n)->GetMass(); }
  Short_t GetSCTdc(int n, int tb) const { return GetTof(n)->GetTdc(tb); }
  Short_t GetSCAdc(int n, int tb)